Magical Realism, Writing, Fiction, Politics, Haiku, Books



miércoles, octubre 08, 2008

Testimonials

Perdon, but how can this be? Nezua over at The Unapolgetic Mexican has a box on the front page with scrolling testimonials about him and his blog. Not just one testimonial or two, but many. It's a great blog, and I read it all the time, so it doesn't surprise me that others read it and like it, too. He has testimonials from famous or at least people well known to me. Fine. But I don't have any testimonials. At least not that I know of. So I'm wondering, asking myself, "Like dude, how can it be that you don't have any testimonials? I mean: does nobody dig your blog? Are there no bloguer@s who appreciate your act? And how come they don't write testimonials. Is it because you didn't ask them?" In my head these thoughts sound like utterances by Strong Bad.

There's only one problem. If I had testimonials, what would I do with them? I know. I'd write essays about how brilliant and perceptive the bloguer@s were who wrote the testimonials. This might appear to be a new genre, except purists would claim it was one of the oldest ones, self indulgence. As you may have noticed, I have no problem with that genre.

Etiquetas: , , , , ,