Magical Realism, Writing, Fiction, Politics, Haiku, Books



martes, diciembre 11, 2007

Blogs: Is Anyone Reading?

This will be quick. Today I asked about 90 potential jurors if they wrote or read blogs. Know what? There were 3 or 4 who read blogs; one who wrote one. The rest either didn't know what a blog was, or had never read one. Is this possible? Were the jurors lying? I doubt it. I know the sample is small and unscientific, but I never would have suspected that blog readership was such a small fraction of seemingly normal people. It doesn't seem to be a small fraction when we read blogs and write them, but I guess, when all is said and done, most people still haven't read their first blog entry.

Etiquetas:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

I'm not surprised. We must keep reminding ourselves that 95% of the electorate is out of touch and ambivalent about politics/civics. Those of us who hang out in the blogosphere a lot can fall into the trap of thinking that it represents reality. It doesn't-- it's a bubble of our own making, and there aren't that many inhabitants, unfortunately.

6:16 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home