Magical Realism, Writing, Fiction, Politics, Haiku, Books



sábado, febrero 04, 2006

A New Literary Hero



Meet Luis Alberto Urrea. I am simply captivated by his novel The Hummingbird's Daughter, which according to the flap "took twenty years of travel, research, and study among the healers to write." I believe it. There's a lot more about the book right here. Suffice it to say, it is a wonderful and beautiful book set in Mexico.

Urrea also has a blog which is great reading.

I've been reading the book in the sauna. And almost everywhere else. It's that good. You can get it at your local bookseller (which I recommend) or from Amazon, which will also let you read some excerpts for free. Please get it. You won't be disappointed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luis said...

Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate your kindness. Didn't know how to drop you a line except via this comments section. Write me at my contact button on the website.

Tu amigo,
Luis Urrea

5:22 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home